Come join the "Consumer Group SRE" as a "Principal Application Operations Developer". We work directly product development teams to ensure performance and reliability of all consumer group products. In addition to engaging with product development teams, we developer, own and maintain tools used by all teams to monitor and operate their products.
As a Principal Developer, operate globally across all Consumer Group services including US and CA offerings, providing technical guidance and supervision. Responsible to identify, prioritize and drive all the requirements from Consumer Group services for their migration to IKS platform. Drives the inventory of services, the information in this inventory is key to efficiently managing all CG services and having a clear picture of the state of it. Develops tools to manage the whole TurboTax ecosystem efficiently, multi service, multi region, multi swim lane user traffic management, event driven cross services operations. As part of the Principal Developer community, Responsible to improve the quality of the services in and outside his own group by providing requirements, advice and reviewing code and architecture. Responsible to share with the wider developer community standards and new developments in their domain and coordinate the adoption of them.
What you'll bring
- Incident management reports, including initial problem analysis, management status, resolution, and follow up defect reporting
- Technical documentation on supported applications & operational tools
- Application Deployment Plan and implementation
- Configuration of monitoring agents at the software layer, and the development of meaningful alerts and the escalation procedures
- Responses to monitoring alerts according to defined playbooks and procedures
- Participation in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) processes
- Implementation of business operations standards
- Suggestions for process improvements and enhanced operational efficiencies
- Implementation of monitoring agents
- Management of application deployment processes
- Management of RCA processes for a specific application
- Implementation of improved operational processes
- Real Time Application Dashboards showing overall health of the system
- Code reviews of operational solutions
- Facilitate the creation of the Operational readiness documents
- Review and development of performance and capacity plans (operational capacity and load requirements)
- Specifications for onboarding new offerings, including trouble shooting, patch processes, cross organizational incident management processes, security breach response plans, etc.
- Implementation plans for application disaster recovery, migration, roll-back plans, expansion, routine deployments, and system upgrades
- Metrics reporting on applications performance, availability, reliability, etc.
- Design reviews of operational approaches and solutions
- Contributions to Operational Standards and Requirements
- Risk Analysis and root cause analysis
- Technical feasibility and approach decisions
- Public presentations at internal events
- Input and driver of architectural designs, system designs and strategic technology plans
How you will lead
- Provides effective solutions to the most difficult operations developing problems in an area of significant scope and importance to Intuit
- Principal AOEs devote a major portion of their time to technical leadership
- Their long term thinking with respect to major design and technology choices is a primary attribute that distinguishes this role from a Staff Application Operations Developer
- Influence typically impacts multiple related projects within a business or functional group and will often affect other business and functional groups
- Effectively partners across organizations to deliver software and services
- Capable of operating with complex reporting relationships to reconcile competing priorities to achieve business unit objectives
- Collaborates with architects across functions to help set architectural direction for delivering highly reliable, scalable, and operable solutions
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial perspective in the ideation and implementation of products and services to accelerate growth
- Transforms business ideas into implementable technology solutions, considering build, buy and partnering alternatives
- Decisions may have broad impact and influence the organizational direction.
- Rapidly adapts to new and changing situations to quickly solve problems and find new directions