What is the opportunity?
In this role, you are part of our Dominion Securities team, an independent division within Wealth Management, which works solely with high net-worth clients. This is an entrepreneurial offering, as your business is built independently through the growth and maintenance of your network, with the brand, strength, and stability of RBC behind you. As an Investment Advisor, you work within a 100% commission compensation structure, with flexible benefits through RBC's reward program. This opportunity involves building a business that fits your lifestyle and unique skill set, with the freedom and flexibility to customize solutions for your clients' individual needs.
Candidates submitting their resume for this posting will be considered for opportunities at our Saskatoon, North Battleford and Lloydminster branches.
What will you do?
- Initiate, develop, and foster a network of successful individuals, families, and business owners, with the goal to ultimately manage their family wealth, while seeking out new clients through referrals
- Build and develop your client base, as you manage and grow their portfolio from scratch, selecting the most appropriate investment solutions to meet their financial plans and goals
- Identify clients that need and want you to create a customized wealth management and investment management plan to meet their individual needs
- Build trusted, often multi-generational, relationships with business owners, individuals, families, charities, and foundations, based on personalized services and advice
- Establish and maintain reciprocal relationships with RBC partners such as Personal & Commercial Banking, Insurance, etc.
What do you need to succeed?
- 4-6 years of outbound sales experience, preferably in the investment/financial services industry
- The passion and entrepreneurial mindset to influence clients to understand our RBC Dominion Securities offerings and build a book of clients, primarily through networking, cold calling, prospecting referrals, seminars, etc.
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or willingness to complete prior to your start date
- Self-motivated, a strong work ethic and commitment to a career as an Investment Advisor
- Recognition of the value of hard work and investing time to build a successful business
- Experience in a direct marketing role, and proven success in high value sales and business development, regardless of industry/discipline
- Completion of Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH), Personal Financial Planner (PFP), and Chartered Investment Manager (CIM)
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- The flexibility to be your own boss and build a Legacy within your community
- One-on-one coaching with practice management consultants who will help you profile and assess your business, develop an individual plan, and assist in implementation
- Comprehensive onboarding process and continuous education and development programs
- A management team dedicated to and focused on helping you grow and manage your own business
- Virtually unlimited investment solutions backed by top-ranked research, availability of high-earning portfolio strategies, with strong results relative to the benchmark S&P/TSX, and access to Canada's most accomplished Portfolio Advisory Group, specializing in equity and Fixed Income investments
- North America's largest team of wealth management specialists to provide one-on-one support to help you address your clients' needs
- Unlimited earning potential and full benefits that come from being part of a leading financial institution
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Branch
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Commissioned Sales
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2017-09-29
Req ID: 140544
Posting Notes: [[mfield1]]